Gin and Tonic !!! Index du Forum
Gin and Tonic !!!

Gin and Tonic !!! Index du ForumFAQRechercherMembresGroupesProfilS’enregistrerConnexion

few more minutes

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Gin and Tonic !!! Index du Forum -> Partie publique -> Candidature
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
lookme875

MessagePosté le: Jeu 17 Déc - 05:41 (2009)    Sujet du message: few more minutes Répondre en citant

"Just a few more minutes…please Mommy!"
Although my own children were grown, I found myself turning instinctively in the direction of the little voice. He was trailing after his mother, looking reluctantly over his shoulder at a display of remote control toys in the large department store.

He couldn't have been more than four years old. With chubby checks and wispy blond hair going in several directions, he trotted behind his mother down the main aisle of the department store. His boots caught my eye. They were green. Really green. Bright, shiny, Kermit-the-Frog, green. Obviously new and a little too big, the boots stopped just below his knees leaving a hint of dimpled legs disappearing into rumpled shorts. Perfect boots for the rainy transition from summer to fall.
Wow gold,

He stopped abruptly at a display of full-length mirrors, lifting one foot at a time, grinning and admiring his boots until his mother called for him to catch up to her. Dressed in a suit, heels clicking on the tile floor, she was tossing items into her cart as she and her son made their way to the checkout lanes at the front of the store.

I smiled at the picture he made clumping noisily behind his mother. I found myself wondering if she had just picked him up from daycare after a busy day in an office somewhere. I sighed as I selected an item and put it in my own cart. My days of trying to juggle a full time job and two small children had been busy, sometimes even hectic, but I missed them.
world of warcraft gold,

Finishing my own shopping, I forgot about the little boy and his mother until I stepped outside the store. There a panorama unfolded before me. The rain had slowed to a drizzle, perforating the numerous puddles in the parking lot. Several mothers with their small children were hurrying in and out of the department store. The children were, of course, making beelines to the puddles that dotted their way from the cars to the store's entrance. The mothers were right behind them, scolding.

cd keys,

"Ge"You'll ruin your shoes!"

"What's the matter with you? Are you deaf? I said, GET OUT OF THAT PUDDLE!"

And so it continued. The children were being pulled away from the puddles and hurried along. All except for one…the little green-booted boy.

He and his mother were not rushing anywhere. The boy was happily splashing away in the largest puddle in the parking lot, oblivious to the rain and to the people coming and going. His wispy hair was plastered to his head and a huge smile was plastered on his face. And his mother? She put up her umbrella, adjusted her packages and waited. Not scolding, not rushing. Just watching.
wow power leveling,

As she fished her car keys out of her purse, the boy, hearing the familiar jingling, paused in mid-splash and looked up.

"Just a few more minutes? Please Mommy?" He begged.

She hesitated, and then she smiled at him.

"Okay!" she responded and adjusted her packages again.
By the time I got to my car, loaded my packages and was ready to ease out of my parking space, the green-booted boy and his mother were walking toward their car, smiling and talking.

How much time did that "few more minutes" take out of her day? Probably about five. Not so much time out of a busy day. So what if she got home a little later than she had planned?

World of Warcraft power leveling

What a contrast the boy and his mother were to the other families I had just seen. What volumes that "few more minutes" spoke to that little boy about his value to his mother. Nothing in her universe was so pressing that it couldn't wait a few more minutes to let her young son try out his new boots-an important event in the life of How many times had my children begged for "just a few more minutes"? Had I smiled and waited like the mother of the green booted boy? Or had I scolded?

Just a few more minutes. Everything I have read about time management for working mothers can be summed up in one picture. The picture of that young mother standing under her umbrella, arms full of packages, smiling her assent to a wet, green-booted boy who had asked her the universal time management question for working mothers everywhere,

"Just a few more minutes?"

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 17 Déc - 05:41 (2009)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
wangxin1r

MessagePosté le: Lun 21 Déc - 09:08 (2009)    Sujet du message: few more minutes Répondre en citant

Living Water

This happened a long, long time ago, when the cedar, the fir, and the pine still had needles that yellowed and dropped in the fall instead of staying green all winter.

Once in those olden times a Tofalar went out into the woods to hunt. He walked and walked, and he came farther than any hunter had ever dared to go. He saw a bog so vast that no beast could have crossed it, no bird could have flown across.

And the Tofalar said to himself: wow power leveling,

"If our animals can't run across this bog, and our birds cannot fly across it, what kinds of animals and birds live on the other side?"

The more he thought about it, the more curious he became. This site is on the Crushers:sbm。

"I must find out," he said to himself. "Whatever happens, I must get there.

And so he took a good running start, and leaped right clear across the bog. He looked around: the same earth, the same grass, the same trees.
wedding dress,
"Silly!" he said. "There was no need to jump."

Suddenly his mouth dropped open with wonder.

In a little clearing stood seven harnessed rabbits. They stood quietly, waiting. Then seven people came out of seven burrows in the earth, exactly like all people, only tiny. When the rabbits flattened their ears, the people were taller than the rabbits. When the rabbits' ears stood up, the people were smaller than the rabbits. Went to eat, while repeat.

"Who are you?" asked the Tofalar. "We are immortal people," said the tiny men. "We wash ourselves in living water, and we never die. And who are you?"

"I am a hunter." wedding dress,

The little men clapped their hands with joy.

"Oh, good! Oh, good!" they cried in chorus.

And one of them, the eldest, with white hair and a long white beard, came forward and said:

"A terrible, huge beast has come into our land. We don't know where it came from. The other day it caught one of our people and killed him. We are immortal, we never die ourselves, but this beast killed one of us. You are a hunter---can you help us in this trouble? Can you hunt down the beast?"
replica watches,
"Why not?" answered the Tofalar, but to himself he wondered: "Will I be able to kill such a frightful beast?"

However, he went out to track the beast. He looked and he looked, but could find nothing except rabbits' footprints. Suddenly, among the rabbit prints he noticed the track of a sable.

"Oh, that's too fine a quarry to miss," he said. "First I will get the sable, and then I'll go on looking for the terrible, huge beast." replica watches,

He found the sable and killed it. Then he skinned it and went on with his search. He walked the length and breadth of the little people's land, but could not find any trace of the beast.

So he came back to the little people and said to them: "I could not find your terrible, huge beast. All I have found was this sable." And he showed them the little sable skin. This is the next

"That's it, that's it!" they cried. "Oo-h, what a huge skin, what thick paws, what terrible, sharp claws!" And the eldest of the little men said to the Tofalar:

"You have saved us and our people! And we shall pay for your kindness with kindness. Wait for us. We'll come to visit you and bring you living water. You'll wash in it and will become immortal too."

The Tofalar jumped back across the bog and went back to his valley and told his people about the little men.

And the Tofalars began to wait for their guests, the immortal little men.
replica watches,
They waited one day, two days, three days, many, many days. But the guests did not come, and the Tofalars forgot about them and their promise. This site is on the Crushers:sbm。

Winter came. Everything around was frozen. And the bog was covered with a coat of ice.

One day the village women went to the woods to gather firewood. Suddenly they saw a little herd of rabbits galloping their way. They looked again, and saw that every rabbit was saddled, and in every saddle sat a tiny man with a little pitcher in his hands. The women burst out laughing at the sight.

"Look, look!" they cried to one another. "They are riding on rabbits!"

"And look at the little men, how funny!"

"Oh, what a joke!"

"Oh, I'll die laughing!" replica watches,

Now, the immortal people were a proud race. They took offense at this reception. The one in front, with white hair and a long beard, shouted something to the others, and all of them spilled out the contents of their pitchers onto the ground. Then the rabbits turned and hopped away so fast that you could only see their white tails flicker. This site is on the Crushers:sbm。

And so the Tofalars never got the living water. It went instead to the pine, the cedar, and the fir. And this is why they are fresh and green all through the year. Their needles never die.

Living Water

Ramya

MessagePosté le: Lun 28 Déc - 03:51 (2009)    Sujet du message: few more minutes Répondre en citant

I have two adopt sisters

An only child, a perfectly ordinary little girl in rural Wisconsin, I wanted sisters more than anything. When I turned seven, my parents made a decision that delighted me beyond measure: they chose to adopt. (Wow gold)

It was Christmastime when my two new sisters, aged 6 and 3, arrived from Colombia. They came with a great flourish of celebration, as friends and relatives visited us bearing gifts to welcome them. That evening our guests went home and we were left to ourselves. My sisters and I went to the bedroom we were to share; as we crawledsintosour beds, our parents came to each of us, tucking us in and saying goodnight.“Te amo,”they whispered to my new sisters in Spanish,“I love you.”

From the beginning these newcomers were like my own flesh and blood; we played and bickered and learned just as if we had always been sisters. From the beginning we all were my parents' daughters equally, as they supervised and scolded and encouraged us. world of warcraft gold

Life seemed great. Beneath the surface, however, my parents were struggling with their own marital problems. As we girls were approaching our teen years, my parents uttered the fateful words,“We're getting a divorce.”

My sisters had been hurt before. They had been dealt a great wound when their birth mother abandoned them, and none of us understood the depth of their inner turmoil. It was a pain that now resurfaced, as the emotions from that abandonment years earlier overwhelmed them.

We all struggled during this time. My father remarried and strove to provide some sort of stability for us through this new family: another mother, brother and sister. But the bonds between my parents and sisters continued to disintegrate. By the time I left for college, my family was in profound disarray. cd keys

During my college years, my outlook on life evolved in significant ways. This personal transformation led my parents and sisters to reevaluate their own lives and make changes that ultimately brought us together as a family. My mother and father have again become great sources of encouragement for us three sisters. They have succeeded in providing our lives with a foundation of stable love. One of my sisters has recently married,and family gatherings are now occasions of happiness and renewal. 

Chinese friends sometimes ask me why I am in China, working at a low salary when I could be prospering in America. It is the experiences I went through while growing up that have made me who I am today. I am on the staff of CBN, a humanitarian organization in Beijing that seeks to help people in distress. Among our many projects, we often work with orphans. wow power leveling

My colleagues and I have sent a number of orphans to the US and Canada for free operations. One is a little girl named Xiao Chu who was born with a weak heart. She was abandoned as a baby. By age two she was already experiencing shortness of breath and loss of appetite. Her future looked grim. Last January we flew her to Canada for surgery, along with two other orphans with heart problems. The operations were successful, and all three children have since returned.

We are also working in some of Beijing's orphanages and schools for the mentally handicapped. Every week we visit various schools, playing games with the children and teaching them English. Not long ago we organized a conference with orphan expert Sherrie Eldridge to define the special challenges that orphans face. The conference was of benefit to orphanage directors and adoptive parents alike.

Our charitable organization also provides funds for cleft-lip and palate operations for the poor. One young woman in Gansu, for instance, had spent her life watching the world go by from the refuge of her room, afraid to go outside because of her cleI have two adopt sisters

An only child, a perfectly ordinary little girl in rural Wisconsin, I wanted sisters more than anything. When I turned seven, my parents made a decision that delighted me beyond measure: they chose to adopt.World of Warcraft power leveling

It was Christmastime when my two new sisters, aged 6 and 3, arrived from Colombia. They came with a great flourish of celebration, as friends and relatives visited us bearing gifts to welcome them. That evening our guests went home and we were left to ourselves. My sisters and I went to the bedroom we were to share; as we crawledsintosour beds, our parents came to each of us, tucking us in and saying goodnight.“Te amo,”they whispered to my new sisters in Spanish,“I love you.”

eagle1r

MessagePosté le: Sam 6 Fév - 05:56 (2010)    Sujet du message: few more minutes Répondre en citant

The Man on the Moor

drove out of Newtown and went to begin my search for the mysterious man on the moor.There were hundreds of the old stone huts on the moor.Barrymore did not know in which of them the mysterious man was living.I had seen the man on the night when Sir Henry and I had chased Selden,so I decided to start my search near that place.

The path I took ran past Mr Frankland's house,and I saw him standing at his gate He called to me,and invited me to go in and have a drink with him.He had been arguing with the police,and was angry with them. He began to tell me about it.
wow power leveling,
'But they will be sorry,'he said.'I could tell them where to look for the escaped prisoner,but I am not going to help them.You see,I have been searching the moors with my telescope,and although I have not actually seen the prisoner,I have seen the person who is taking him food.'

I thought of Barrymore and Mrs Barrymore's worried faces.But Mr Frankland's next words showed me that I did not need to worry.

'You will be surprised to hear that a young boy takes food to the prisoner.The boy goes by at about the same time each day,and he is always carrying a bag.Who else can he be going to see—except the prisoner?Come and look through my tele scope,and you will see that I am right.It is about this time each day that the boy goes by.'

We went up onto the roof,and we did not have to wait long.There was someone moving on a hill in front of the house.I looked through the telescope and saw a small boy with a bag over his shoulder.He looked around to make sure that noboay was following him,and then he disappeared over the hill.wedding dresses,

'Remember that I don't want the police to know my secret,Dr Watson,'Frankland reminded me.'I'm too angry with them at the moment to help them.'

I agreed not to tell the police,and said goodbye.I walked along the road while Frankland was watching me,but as soon as I was round the corner,I went towards the hill where we had seen the boy.

The sun was already going down when I reached the top of the hill.I could not see the boy,and there was nothing else in that lonely place Beneath me on the other side of the hill was a circle of old stone huts.In the middle of the circle was one hut that had a better roof than the others,so it would keep out the wind and the rain.This must be the place where the mysteri ous man was hiding!I would soon know his secret.

As I walked towards the hut,I saw that someone had certainly been using it.A path had been worn up to the door.I took my revolver out of my pocket,and checked that it was ready to fire.I walked quickly and quietly up to the hut,and looked inside.The place was empty.
wedding dresses,
But this was certainly where the man lived.As I looked round the hut,I knew that the mysterious man must have a very strong character.No other person could live in conditions as bad as these.There were some blankets on a flat stone where the man slept.There had been a fire in one corner.There were some cooking pots,and a large bowl half full of wa ter.In the middle of the hut was another large flat stone which was used as a table,and on it was the bag the boy had been carrying.Under the bag I saw a piece of paper with writing on it.Quickly,I picked up the paper and read what was written on it.It said:'Dr Watson has gone to Newtown.'

I realized that the mysterious man had told someone to watch me,and this was a message from his spy.Was the man a dangerous enemy? Or was he a friend who was watching us to make sure we were safe?I decided I would not leave the hut until I knew.
Final Fantasy XI GIL,
Outside,the sun was low in the sky.Everything looked calm and peaceful in the golden evening light.But I did not feel peaceful or calm.I felt frightened as I waited for the mysterious man.

Then I heard footsteps coming towards the hut.As they came closer,I moved into the darkest corner of the hut.I did not want the man to see me until I had looked closely at him.The footsteps stopped,and I could hear nothing at all.Then the man began to move again,and the footsteps came closer.A shadow fell across the door of the hut.

'It's a lovely evening,my dear Watson,'said a voice I knew well.'I really think you will enjoy it more out here.'
aion kinah,
The Man on the Moor

luoxiaosang

MessagePosté le: Mar 27 Juil - 05:06 (2010)    Sujet du message: few more minutes Répondre en citant

I was RuneScape Gold,in my mid-20s (about 10 years ago) when this occurred. A friend had a small group of us over and we were drinking and carrying on, and by night, we were all feeling pretty good. At around 3 in the morning, we had the brilliant idea of going outside and wandering the RuneScape Gold neighborhood.
    For starters,archlord gold, the neighborhood was in a not-so-great part of town, pretty well-known as a haven for drug users of all kinds, mostly crackheads, as well as gangsters and general thugs. While I didn’t live too far away, the difference was night and day. I knew better than to wander this area, especially at night, but off we went. To add to that, we were pretty tipsy, talking quite loudly for the hour, I’m sure, just generally being archlord gold disorderly.
    We started last chaos gold,crossing a small park, when we were approached very suddenly by a short, grinning black man. He appeared to be in his late 40s, possibly early 50s, with a thin afro, some of it gray. His smile was absolutely beaming and it made me smile hugely, too. It was the most infectious smile I’d ever seen. In fact, this man had the most infectious spirit I’d ever encountered. I felt joyous beyond belief. Immediately we greeted and hugged each other. We called one another by name without introducing ourselves, and although I can very clearly remember him calling me by my last chaos gold name.
    I couldn’t wow cd keys,remember his name even as soon as the next day. But at that moment, we absolutely knew each other, absolutely loved each other, like no two people had loved each other before. The only other words we spoke to one another were, "I know you." And we said this almost in synch, as the hugeness of that thought just occurred to both of us. Our souls were absolutely intimate. The moment lasted about 30 seconds. My friends merely watched with astonishment because something was just generally so bizarre about that wow cd keys moment.
    Then maple story power leveling,the man moved on around us, and I didn’t watch him go, but could see him leaving out of the periphery of my vision. I have no idea why that little detail strikes me as being so important, to this day, but it does. I’m sure I smiled on for another good minute, just being extremely happy. I was absolutely, positively, 100% no longer drunk from that moment on. The episode, the "meeting," was not the result of being drunk, but it sure ended it.I don’t know who that man was. I’d never met him in my life. I’m quite sure if you asked him, he’d say the same thing about me today. I don’t know why I know maple story power leveling that.
    What had been dog carriers,so beautiful that night the next day scared the hell out of me. I couldn’t understand what had happened. I remembered vividly what had happened, but it made no sense to me. Likewise, my friends all contend it’s the strangest thing any of them ever experienced. They all felt something "heavy" occurring as the two of us met. They somehow knew that we didn’t actually know each other, despite our reaction to one another.Something purely spiritual happened that night, I’m quite sure of it. I’ll never forget dog carriers it.

simluo

MessagePosté le: Sam 25 Sep - 04:43 (2010)    Sujet du message: few more minutes Répondre en citant

It is good wedding gowns, to spend my birthday with some good friends.   And as I look around the room, there are very few of you who I haven’t, in some form or fashion, worked directly with on an issue -- some of you dating back to when I was in the state legislature , some of you who I’ve worked with in the United States Senate, and all of you who I’ve had the opportunity to work with as President of the United States wedding gowns.
         archlord gold,
So I am grateful.  And I want to first of all thank Rich, not only for inviting me here, not only for I know making clear my commitment to all of you during an earlier session today, but also for your outstanding leadership of the labor movement.  And we very much appreciate everything that you do.  I want to thank Liz and Arlene for bucking up Rich all the time -- (laughter) -- and making him look good.  This is a shared leadership, and we are very proud of them.  I want to thank all the members of the Executive Council, all my brothers and sisters in the AFL-CIO archlord gold.
       last chaos gold,
Together, you are fighting for the hardworking men and women in this country after nearly 10 years of struggle.  The middle class has been struggling now for about a decade -- 10 years in which folks felt the sting of stagnantincomes and sluggish job growth and declining economic security, as well as at least eight years in which there was a profound animosity towards the notion of unions.It’s going to take some time to reverse all that’s been done, but we’re on the right track.  We’re moving forward.  And that’s what I’m going to want to talk to you about briefly today last chaos gold.
          wow cd keys,
I hope you don’t mind me interjecting , though, a topic, because it’s in the news right now and I want to make sure that all of you are aware of it.One place in our country where people have faced particular struggles in the last few months is in the Gulf of Mexico as a result of the BP oil spill.  So it was very welcome news when we learned overnight that efforts to stop the well through what’s called a “static kill” appear to be working -- and that a report out today by our scientists show that the vast majority of the spilled oil has been dispersedor removed from the water.  So the long battle to stop the leak and contain the oil is finally close to coming to an end.  And we are very pleased with that wow cd keys.
        maple story power leveling,
Our recovery efforts, though, will continue.  We have to reverse the damage that’s been done, we will continue to work to hold polluters accountable for the destruction they’ve caused, we’ve got to make sure that folks who were harmed are reimbursed, and we’re going to stand by the people of the region however long it takes until they’re back on their feet.Now, beyond the Gulf, many of those who’ve been hit hardest by the economic upheaval of recent years have been the people that you represent.  For generations, manufacturing was the ticket to a better life for the American worker maple story power leveling.
          sunglasses replica,
But as the world became smaller, outsourcing , an easier way to increase profits, a lot of those jobs shifted to low-wage nations.  So, many who held those jobs went to work in the construction industry, as we had the housing boom.  But when the subprime mortgage crisis hit, when those mortgages were called up on Wall Street, that bubble burst, leaving devastation everywhere sunglasses replica .

aillong

MessagePosté le: Mar 23 Nov - 07:55 (2010)    Sujet du message: few more minutes Répondre en citant

replica sunglasses
Lots of fashion accessories are giving us a Deja vu moment. Now, sunglasses are going retro, too, with styles being influenced by the mod movement and fashion icons such as Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly replica sunglasses.
Designer SunGlasses
For even funkier styles, club kids will be happy to know that the Shutter Shades (the 'striped' model made famous by rapper Kanye West) are now also available in white Designer SunGlasses.
sunglasses replica
So, after last year's see-through frames that had labels including Paul Smith, Chloé and J. Crew launch colorful but clear-framed shades, is it the logical consequence to use a color that's not really a color this year? In case you're not into non-colors, fear not: Moschino is combining its white mod styles with block colors sunglasses replica.
replica sunglasses
White is also a major trend in watches this year, judging from the releases prior to the industry's biggest event, Baselworld: Armani, Jaeger-LeCoultre, and Anna Gotha (for Danish Design) are just a few of those going for the purist color choice replica sunglasses.

Annstory

MessagePosté le: Sam 29 Jan - 09:19 (2011)    Sujet du message: few more minutes Répondre en citant

wow power leveling, All focus on CTA,so as the merchants wow power leveling.
world of warcraft power leveling,
The people over at Taverncraft have announced the release of two new World of Warcraft themed Coffee Tankards available at their website for $19.99 a piece (plus S&H) world of warcraft power leveling.
world of warcraft power leveling,
The Ironforge tankard captures the cavernous city of the Alliance's dwarven domain while the Undercity tankard features a panoramic scene of the Horde's capital of the undead world of warcraft power leveling.
cheap wow power leveling,
Each microwave, dishwasher and freezer safe tankard is hand casted from fine grain stoneware and holds a hefty 18 oz. (.53 ltrs.) of your favorite hot or cold beverage cheap wow power leveling.
cheap wow gold, Only $19.99 apiece (plus shipping/handling), the tankards feature custom bodies that emulate the robust look and feel of Azeroth and are the perfect companion to the best selling Stormwind & Orgrimmar tankards.
How do you think about the New Ironforge & Undercity Coffee Tankards cheap wow gold?

basbo11

MessagePosté le: Mar 26 Avr - 07:08 (2011)    Sujet du message: few more minutes Répondre en citant

wedding dresses, Model Lauren Bush wedding dresses is planning her wedding to Ralph Lauren's son David Lauren.wedding gowns, The granddaughter wedding gowns of former President George H.prom dresses Bush,prom dresses, says after the wedding her married name will likely be Lauren Bush-Lauren.wedding dresses,
"Out of all wedding dresses the people I could've met and fallen in love with," Bush,Bridesmaid dresses tells Harper's Bazaar.Bridesmaid dresses, "It's just ironic that David would end up with someone named Lauren.wedding gowns, I think it will be Lauren Bush-Lauren.wedding gowns That's not final, but I think it's nice to have the same name as your husband. I am sort of old-fashioned in that way."
Bush will wear a wedding dress by her future father-in-law for the nuptials, which she would like to be intimate.
"Small, we know small," she says. "We're just kind of figuring out all the other. 

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 16:34 (2018)    Sujet du message: few more minutes

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Gin and Tonic !!! Index du Forum -> Partie publique -> Candidature Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation